What information do we collect?
We collect information from you that is necessary for us to perform our functions. We collect information from you when you:
- register on our site,
- subscribe to our newsletter,
- respond to a survey or fill out a form,
- make an inquiry,
- apply for a position with us (either as a volunteer or employee), or
- make a donation to DAF.
The types of personal information we generally collect include your:
- phone number
- credit card information where you are making a donation.
If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
What do we use your information for?
We use and disclose personal information we collect to:
- Personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- Improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- Improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- Process transactions and donations;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- Send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- Communicate with donors and supporters, volunteers and employees (including responding to inquiries and complaints) and distributing our publications and raising awareness about our fundraising activities and mission. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email; and
- Fulfill our general business activities, including interacting with contractors and service providers, billing and administration including measuring and assessing the level of support we receive and the effectiveness of our fundraising activities and assessing applicants for positions with us. .
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our contractors, service providers, volunteers and employees who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, only to the extent necessary for them to perform their duties to us.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your credit card information will not be stored on our servers.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information you may do so by contacting us.